MediaMan Community MediaMan Forum
Pages: 1
Enhanced web page export By: RobbieB Date: January 03, 2007
I like the web page html export but I would like the product title to be an individual link, text only, link destination to details page at amazon.com

I think even a horizontal 5 wide link unit above the title would be

Since I actually run my own websites so I would be changing the referral ID on the ad code, but I bet there are a lot of people that use this export feature that wouldn't change anything and this could help support MediaMan

Here is an example... given some changes to the style sheets so the pages are more fixed in place, it could look pretty good.

Also, I hadn't had a chance to update my pages yet, but the horizontal area on the title needs a return link to the home page. I'll probably put some kind of return looking arrow that floats right that just links back to index.html.

http://www.buggyonpurpose.com/random/MM-webexample.gif
Enhanced web page export By: He.Shiming Date: January 03, 2007
Well, after all, MediaMan wasn't a tool for you to build up your referral website. There are lots of programs dedicated to this job, you might consider one of those. The web export feature will be improved over time, but I can't guarantee such specific function would be developed.
Enhanced web page export By: RobbieB Date: January 03, 2007
I only suggested because I think if the ads are minimal it could help media man. I think if you only had a google adlink unit at the top and the title of the text as an amazon buy now it would be very unobtrusive.
Enhanced web page export By: He.Shiming Date: January 03, 2007
Well, my point is: The exporting function in MediaMan is designed for you to share some information. It's not designed for you to build an affiliate website. To develop an affiliate site, it does take a big job. Sooner or later you'll request for other affiliate features, such as shopping cart processing, or even export to a dynamic site. I just don't think this is where the program is heading.