MediaMan Community MediaMan Forum
Pages: 1
Software useless under Win2k? By: Vaelor Date: January 30, 2007
Hi there,

I've just downloaded MediaMan v2.66 and installed it for the first time. However, straight off the bat, every single time I scan a code to search for a product to add to my new database, the program just dumps an error log and crashes. Every time. =(

I've attached the dump file here as suggested. I'm running Windows 2000 Corporate Pro SP4, as administrator. I have a DSL connection, and I've made sure MediaMan isn't firewalled. I use a modified CueCat barcode scanner to enter my codes.

I was really looking forward to buying this software for my media cataloguing needs, so any help anybody can give me so I can actually try it would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
Software useless under Win2k? By: He.Shiming Date: January 30, 2007
I don't think you see the program home screen. Would you please check with that?

One of MediaMan's components wasn't properly installed on your computer. Please first ensure that you have administration privilege on your computer and run the setup package again. If it doesn't work, please follow these instructions:

1. Point to Start menu -> Run
2. Type in cmd, press enter
3. In the command prompt window, type C:, enter
4: Type CD C:\Program Files\MediaMan, enter
5. Type regsvr32 CoWB.dll, enter

I don't know why this component fails to register itself, but I did receive a handful of reports of similar situation.
Quote from: "He.Shiming"
I don't think you see the program home screen. Would you please check with that?

No need to check - you're quite right, I don't.

One of MediaMan's components wasn't properly installed on your computer. Please first ensure that you have administration privilege on your computer and run the setup package again.

Yes, as stated in my original post, I installed the software whilst logged on as Administrator. The setup process appeared to run just fine.

If it doesn't work, please follow these instructions:

1. Point to Start menu -> Run
2. Type in cmd, press enter
3. In the command prompt window, type C:, enter
4: Type CD C:\Program Files\MediaMan, enter

I don't know why this component fails to register itself, but I did receive a handful of reports of similar situation.

Thanks, I will try this immediately and post again to let you know the results. Thank you for your prompt response!

When I tried to manually register this component from the command prompt, I received the following error message:-

LoadLibrary("CoWB.dll") failed - The specified procedure could not be found.

I looked in the directory that I installed MediaMan to, however, and that DLL file definately is present there.
Software useless under Win2k? By: He.Shiming Date: January 30, 2007
It could be because a missing dependant DLL. But all dependant DLLs besides system ones should be already installed. I'm sorry that at this point I can't figure out the reason for the failure of component registration, I would only assume it's an operating system problem.
It could be because a missing dependant DLL. But all dependant DLLs besides system ones should be already installed. I'm sorry that at this point I can't figure out the reason for the failure of component registration, I would only assume it's an operating system problem.

Okay, thanks for your time and effort anyway. I shall assume this software simply does not work under my version of Windows 2000, and continue my search for cataloguing software elsewhere.

Best of luck with your project, and thanks again for your time.
Software useless under Win2k? By: smiley Date: February 03, 2007
the latest version does not run on W2K,
regardless of IE version or hotfixes.
What a pity.
Software useless under Win2k? By: bluenote Date: February 04, 2007
Thank You,
with the Version 2.6.6.1 runs MediaMan again under W2K
Software useless under Win2k? By: Vaelor Date: February 04, 2007
Quote from: "bluenote"
Thank You,
with the Version 2.6.6.1 runs MediaMan again under W2K

Wonderful! I am rapt to see this problem solved so soon, I had begun to suspect that MediaMan would never be the solution I was looking for! Thank you for adding Windows 2000 support so quickly, MediaMan now works perfectly on my system and I have begun importing my extensive collection into the database!

Also, thanks bluenote for posting in this thread to mention the updated version, I would not have thought to expect a fix so soon if I hadn't received the reply notification to come and read this again, so thanks!

I'm off to scan a LOT of barcodes! =)