MediaMan Community MediaMan Forum
Pages: 1
about book collection By: DancingDisc Date: February 15, 2007
Hi Shiming,
I have lots of books being organized by mm. I have problem and feature request for the book organization.
(1)Publication date can not be seen on Item Details pane unless Release date is specified. For books, release date is usually blank, which causes Publication date not to be shown.
(2)For books, can we add “Editors” item on Edit Record->Books besides Authors and Translators? I know it can be done by using customer field. But it is not so convenient.

Thanks for your effort for making this software more useful.

D.
about book collection By: He.Shiming Date: February 16, 2007
The latest version 2.66.2 fixed the problem that Publication Date isn't being shown. Would you please try that out?

In the meantime, please try and use custom fields to store Editors. In the future, it's not very likely that Editors will become a regular field. However, custom fields feature will be greatly improved so that it works as convenient as regular fields.
about book collection By: Justinus Date: February 17, 2007
I would like to say that currently custom field is not so convenient. I need to change over hundreds of items just to change the title of the custom fields. If there is such a function that allows users to a custom field individually (as oppose to the current technique that wrap every customised field in the same box), then it would be really convenient.
about book collection By: DancingDisc Date: February 17, 2007
For some reason, the publication date still does not show up if I don't select a release date.  Anyhow, I will try to put the same number for release date as publication date for the sake of seeing the date on details pane. BTW, I'm using vs 2.66.2.
For the custom field, Justinus's idea is good or a separate item called "customization" just like "basics" "book"... may work too. Just some thoughts and I'm sure you will have better solution for this.

Thanks

D.
about book collection By: He.Shiming Date: February 17, 2007
Well, I'm sorry but the fix I meant is in the detail view mode. In the detail pane, publication date is tied to release date, I'll change this in the upcoming update.