MediaMan Community MediaMan Forum
Pages: 1
Some remarks for ebook organize By: wivern Date: March 02, 2009
1. Is illogical use for open ebook some Extra, logical is open ebook with mouse clik or any Function key.
2. Miss support for ebook, I think
- information about type file, pdf,chm, scan in pdf ,...
- information about size of file
- in future, any suport for work (sorting, mooving, renaming) with file (pdf)

Re: Some remarks for ebook organize By: He.Shiming Date: March 02, 2009
Well there are different designs. In MediaMan you can stay in the Extra tab and navigate through items like Windows Explorer. You have the benefit of seeing files without clicking some extra menu. I don't think it's illogical.

And yes, MediaMan isn't designed to catalog files. Ebooks came in various format. Some popular ones are binded to their specially designed readers, or even a hardware reader such as Amazon Kindle. I'm sorry that at this moment, MediaMan isn't that helpful in organizing these items.
Re: Some remarks for ebook organize By: kernow Date: August 25, 2009
I alter the Link location to the actual location on my PC where the e-book is stored. For example the link normally points to a location on the web on Amazon, simply edit that to point to where your E-book is. Now to go to your E-book click Link and then on the corresponding hyperlink address that appears.

Perhaps a future release might have a launch button that we could dedicate to a local link.

If you want info about the file size and type you could somehow incorporate that into your file name. For example - Alice In Wonderland_pdf_489kb.pdf
Re: Some remarks for ebook organize By: He.Shiming Date: August 25, 2009
Quote from: kernow on August 25, 2009
I alter the Link location to the actual location on my PC where the e-book is stored. For example the link normally points to a location on the web on Amazon, simply edit that to point to where your E-book is. Now to go to your E-book click Link and then on the corresponding hyperlink address that appears.

Perhaps a future release might have a launch button that we could dedicate to a local link.

If you want info about the file size and type you could somehow incorporate that into your file name. For example - Alice In Wonderland_pdf_489kb.pdf
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll make sure that the next update will have something obviously useful dedicated to launching of files.