MediaMan Community MediaMan Forum
Pages: 1
Editing fields in 1030 By: disker Date: May 20, 2009
Looks like your getting the fields "clutter" cleaned up in edit mode, but it isn't working right.

It is MUCH cleaner which is a good thing - the only thing is when you choose "reveal all", it just reveals sections like "Description >" and "Track List >" (with either a right arrow when collapsed or a down arrow when expanded).

My problem is this - say I'm editing a DVD and that DVD has no audio format (IE: Dolby Digital 5.1 EX) listed. I click on edit, select the DVD to edit, and then click on reveal all. The catagories I mentioned (description and track list) come up, but none of the extra empty fields such as audio format show up to enter data in.

Lets say, the only data I have so far is UPC, Region, Languages, and Aspect and I want to add information say in the EAN or Studio field. Without these options apearing when I choose "reveal all", I can't edit them.

So far, even with this bug this is DEFINATELY a step in the right direction.
Re: Editing fields in 1030 By: He.Shiming Date: May 20, 2009
Yeah, that's very much a major bug in this theme. I'll release another update soon to fix this issue and the ones you previously mentioned.
Re: Editing fields in 1030 By: disker Date: May 20, 2009
Ok - so it is something that you were aware of then. That's good! Smiley

I'll be looking forward to more updates - and I'll keep trying to hunt down bugs (without trying LOL)
Re: Editing fields in 1030 By: disker Date: May 21, 2009
oh - by the by - this is something related - the ability to sort the order of the fields displayed in the edit/info pane - good idea! Kudos!
Re: Editing fields in 1030 By: He.Shiming Date: May 21, 2009
Quote from: disker on May 21, 2009
oh - by the by - this is something related - the ability to sort the order of the fields displayed in the edit/info pane - good idea! Kudos!
Yeah, that's going to be a bit difficult to do. Nonetheless it will be a helpful feature. I'll put it on the todo list.
Re: Editing fields in 1030 By: Gunny Date: May 26, 2009
When I establish my columns that I want to show in the print job, for some reason, GENRE will not relocate anywhere it is moved to.  It is always the last column no matter what I do.  This was not an issue in the final product (Non-Beta), so I believe it is a Beta issue.

Gunny
Something weird is happening.  When I edit the Title of the DVD for "DAS BOOT", and save it and than hold the mouse pointer over the image on the book shelf, it shows, "Boot, Das", which is NOT what is showing on the title.  The only way I can get it to sort as Das Boot, is to type in the title as Das Das Boot.  Than it will sort into the "D's" instead of the "B's".  I am not having this problem with any other record.  Any ideas?HuhHuhHuh

Gunny
Re: Editing fields in 1030 By: He.Shiming Date: May 26, 2009
Quote from: Gunny on May 26, 2009
When I establish my columns that I want to show in the print job, for some reason, GENRE will not relocate anywhere it is moved to.  It is always the last column no matter what I do.  This was not an issue in the final product (Non-Beta), so I believe it is a Beta issue.

Gunny
This behavior I believe does exist in all builds. It happens because:

MediaMan tries to hide empty fields. Even if you choose this field, it's possible that no items listed contain the information. In which case MediaMan will try to hide it. In your case, after sorting, MediaMan discovered that the first few items do not have "Genre" information, it tries to hide it, but eventually has to re-display it because other items do have Genre. It should not happen if all items you selected do have Genre.

The underlying approach is a bit imperfect, I'm hoping to improve it later on.

----

And correct me if I'm wrong. Das Die Der in German shouldn't be sorted by. When sorting, and in item listing pane, MediaMan automatically moves articles and last names so that the sorting result makes more sense. In item details, it's displayed in its original form. You can turn this feature off. Press Alt and go to Tools->Options, and find the collation option, set it to disable to turn off automatic conversion.
Followed your instructions:  You can turn this feature off. Press Alt and go to Tools->Options, and find the collation option, set it to disable to turn off automatic conversion.

There is no such animal.  Matter a fact the word, "collation" does not even exist.  I am using the current Beta.  Thoughts?

Gunny
NEVER MIND!!  I found it.  I guess it would help if I opened my eyes LOL!!!

Gunny