MediaMan Community MediaMan Forum
Pages: 1
MediaMan 2.7 has stopped working By: yaramorgan Date: August 18, 2009
Hi there,

I've been using MediaMan 2.7 for quite some time now (haven't upgraded) and it was working fine until yesterday. I can no longer retrieve information from the internet. Most time it just tells me no results were found. On occasion, it does show that some results were found, but when I click on them to import the info, it doesn't import anything. Is anyone else having this problem?
Re: MediaMan 2.7 has stopped working By: yaramorgan Date: August 18, 2009
sorry, I just realized the sticky post about Amazon rejecting the connections after August 15th. Will Amazon eventually allow the connections after a certain period, or is this change permanent? Is there any work around available that doesn't involve upgrading? I have tried v3 and prefer 2.7 for many reasons. I really wouldn't want to upgrade.
Re: MediaMan 2.7 has stopped working By: He.Shiming Date: August 18, 2009
I'm afraid you'll have to upgrade to the latest version in order for the Amazon import feature to work.
Re: MediaMan 2.7 has stopped working By: The E3 Date: August 19, 2009
Same here.

For the moment I'll be adding new items to my collection manually instead of importing them from Amazon.

I understand that all the development effort it's on v3, but some of us just don't like the upgrade and will want to stay with v2.7. I was hoping that v2.7 users were acknowledged with a v2.7 patch that allows importing from Amazon again instead of forcing us to upgrade to the immediate next version (v3); it's not like we're 2 or 3 versions behind.