MediaMan Community MediaMan Forum
Pages: 1
cannot open my mmc file or backup in latest version By: kernow Date: August 24, 2009
I was using the last freeware version 2.2.1 happily, and had all my collection, over 1000 CDs, 250 DVDs and 3000+ books entered in. I upgraded to the latest version but it will not allow me to open my collection or backup. This is very upsetting as I spent a lot of time entering this information. Just as a test I opened the files on another computer running 2.2.1 and they still open fine.

Why can't I open them and what can be done to resolve this. I feel I spent $40 for a program that is not compatible with older mmc files.  Undecided
Re: cannot open my mmc file or backup in latest version By: He.Shiming Date: August 24, 2009
MediaMan 3.0 only supports direct upgrading from version 2.33 and above. Please send your collection file to support@imediaman.com via www.sendthisfile.com for manual upgrading.

Make sure that you enter your return email address correctly when sending.

Re: cannot open my mmc file or backup in latest version By: kernow Date: August 25, 2009
Very strange, the old mmc file seems to have gotten corrupted when I installed the newer version.  Huh

I think I will be sure to back up to some external media in the future just to prevent any similar problems.