MediaMan Community MediaMan Forum
Pages: 1
Proposal for next version By: salnet Date: October 17, 2009
My girlfriend and I often have the problem to choose a movie, whe we want to view one and I have the same problem when choosing a book - I can't make a decision.
Why not make a shuffle-function, which rrandomly selects a book/movie/whatever from a category?
That would be very helpful.
Re: Proposal for next version By: He.Shiming Date: October 17, 2009
Thank you very much for the suggestion. I do think that this is a good one. I've recorded it down in the development document, and you are definitely going to see it in the next major update.
Re: Proposal for next version By: greenfields Date: October 19, 2009
Speaking of next version... I find myself frequently checking here (once a week or so), how are the chances looking of seeing another build by the end of the year?

I just have my fingers crossed for "launching main link" functionality.  Smiley
Re: Proposal for next version By: He.Shiming Date: October 19, 2009
Well, I understand your curiosity and thank you for the support. However it's going to take longer than that. Version 3.1 won't be available before the end of this year, mostly because it's another complete rewrite. It's expect to come with a brand new user interface that is both visually pleasant and easier to operate, suitable for notebooks to large screen TVs, as well as solving many of the problems and inconveniences with the current version. It will be the biggest and the best update.
Re: Proposal for next version By: greenfields Date: October 22, 2009
Thanks!  I can wait patiently as long as I know something is happening!  My curiosity was getting the better of me.

Well, I look forward to any tidbits of info we get until then, and I have no doubt it will be worthwhile!  Your software is already the best there is for the PC, and this new version sounds like it will make it even better.

So, thanks again and keep up the great work!  I appreciate it Smiley