MediaMan Community MediaMan Forum
Pages: 1
Amazon lookup works, but nothing will import By: gehowell Date: October 20, 2009
System:
Windows 7 64-bit

I'm able to search by keyword on Amazon.  When I select the title, the screen flashes and nothing shows up on the shelf.

If I enter the UPC numbers, I get the flash and nothing appears.  It's acting as though it can't write to the database.
Re: Amazon lookup works, but nothing will import By: He.Shiming Date: October 20, 2009
That's weird, would you please try clicking the arrow near Import and choose by typing in manually. Did you see an item appear? If not, then MediaMan can't write to the file. You can start diagnose by checking the attributes of the file in Windows explorer, and see if it's set to read only. After that, repair the file using the tool on http://www.imediaman.com/support/mediaman-brokenfile.html regardless of the integrity check result.

Broken hard drives can also cause this. If the above didn't work, then you can try run CHKDSK /F on the partition where the file is located.
Re: Amazon lookup works, but nothing will import By: gehowell Date: October 21, 2009
It appears to be permission related, but the account I was using was the administrator account. I've moved the folder and this issue is now resolved.

Gene

Re: Amazon lookup works, but nothing will import By: He.Shiming Date: October 21, 2009
Well, I'm glad the problem is solved. Anyway, you might not want to put the collection file inside a special folder such as C:\Program Files . Putting it to your preferred partition or "My Documents" will prevent this from happening.