MediaMan Community MediaMan Forum
Pages: 1
Manual Import Issue By: LuBao Date: October 27, 2009
Hi All,

For some reason I cannot import or edit entries manually in Mediaman 3.0 (Build 1034).

Every time I hit "Save" I get a German error message (strangely, headed "Internet Explorer-Skriptfehler" (scripting error)) which tells me that there was an error in the script "on this page" in line 1294,3. Translated from German the error is that the "automization server is unable to create the object". Further information includes "Code: 0" and "URL: mediaman://mediamandataserver/retrieve/main.js". The problem occurs no matter whether I try to create a new entry or edit an existing one. Importing from Amazon works just fine.

As I'm new to Mediaman I'm probably just doing something completely wrong. Unfortunately (or rather: fortunately ...), I happen to have many rare and/or vintage books and therefore pretty much depend on manual importing.

Can anyone help me? Should I provide further details? I'm running the 32 bit version on Windows XP (SP 3).

Best regards,
Paul.
Re: Manual Import Issue By: He.Shiming Date: October 27, 2009
Hmm... Please try open up Internet Options in Control Panel. Under the security tab, choose default for the Internet zone. You might also want to turn off your Internet security software, as it might be responsible for this problem.

I'm sorry but currently, features such as editing does require this default security setting. But the good news is that the upcoming update will no longer depend on Internet Explorer. So such issues will be automatically resolved.
Re: Manual Import Issue By: LuBao Date: October 28, 2009
Hi Shiming,

Great, that did the trick. Thank you so much!

Just to let you know: I just had to change the security settings back to default. My Comodo Firewall is still up and running and does not seem to cause any problems.

Thanks again for your help - and also for creating MediaMan in the first place!

Regards,

Paul.