MediaMan Community MediaMan Forum
Pages: 1
Publish Library By: ymihere Date: October 30, 2009
A while ago I have tested MediaMan and I really liked it for its wealth of features as well as for the possibilities to catalog Books, DVDs, and Games in one place.

However, I am currently using an online DVD library because I can share my library with somebody else by just sending him a link to my library page there.

Is a simple publishing feature like (sync my library with a server at mediaman and make it accessible automatically on the web) planned in some future MediaMan release? Or are there any third party tools which allow me to share my library online easily?

Thanks,
  ymihere

Re: Publish Library By: He.Shiming Date: October 30, 2009
In the upcoming version 3.1, there will be a new service introduced together with this big update. It's designed mainly for mobile devices. It's a service that allows you to upload your collection content. And it's accessible with a browser on mobile platforms such as iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, or Nokia S60's latest series.

Browsers on PC can access that content too, but given the mobile-oriented design, currently, items are shown smaller, suitable for hand-held devices. It might not be exactly what you wanted, but it's a start. Hosting content for PC browsers are just about the same underlying technology. We'll see how that goes.

It's supposed to be finished within 3 months or so, together with the update. So come back later, I'm sure you'll be impressed.