MediaMan Community MediaMan Forum
Pages: 1
library of congress - please, can we have it back? By: j.duprie Date: March 26, 2010
I know that the LOC doesn't provide the best content for current releases, but for those of us that have older libraries, can we PLEASE have it back as an automatic search option?
About 90% of my (admittedly extensive) library is not available on amazon - most of the books have been out print for ages - some are so old that they don't even have ISBNs, but he DO have LOC card catalogue numbers...
Please? Pretty please?
Re: library of congress - please, can we have it back? By: He.Shiming Date: March 26, 2010
The upcoming update, version 3.1 is going to include Google Books as a source. It provides detailed information, and a larger database compared to Amazon. At this point, I still think that the LOC database is not useful in terms of generic cataloging. It might be useful to produce a single line reference or citation in papers, but not cataloging.
Re: library of congress - please, can we have it back? By: j.duprie Date: March 26, 2010
Cool, I look forward to seeing what they have....
thanks
-J