MediaMan Community MediaMan Forum
Pages: 1
CRASH on try to scan barcode By: rcopley Date: April 02, 2005
I don't want to sound greedy but I have a huge collection to manage and this barcode scaning feture would help but when I hit "scan barcode from webcam..." it pops up with the box saying it crashed. :!:

Thanks,
rcopley
CRASH on try to scan barcode By: He.Shiming Date: April 02, 2005
There's a known issue in this module which may cause crashes on some computers. However, the cause is still uncertain and I'll have to work on it. I'm sorry for inconvenience.
thanks, and if it would help By: rcopley Date: April 03, 2005
I would like to thank you for repliying so fast Cheesy , and if it would help I could give you my camras info :?:
CRASH on try to scan barcode By: kclark Date: April 09, 2005
I too have the same problem.  If there is any information I can provide to help with your attempt to find the problem, please just tell me what you want me to do.

BTW - this is a Great piece of software!
CRASH on try to scan barcode By: He.Shiming Date: April 09, 2005
Well, thanks for the offer. But as I repeatedly revised the piece of code which is known to cause this crash, I found no problems.

I'm planning to rewrite the DirectX webcam capture portion of the code in order to resolve this issue. However, unfortunately, this isn't currently my top priority, and I'm sorry that it could take a while for me to finish.
Crashes By: a42 Date: May 25, 2005
Im having the same problem ,when I press the webcam button
the program crashed. Sad
Re: Crashes By: He.Shiming Date: May 25, 2005
Quote from: "a42"
Im having the same problem ,when I press the webcam button
the program crashed. Sad

The fix will be provided in the next release. It'll fix the crashes, although I'm not sure it'll continue to scan. This issue is still being investigated.