MediaMan Community MediaMan Forum
Pages: 1
Genre Request By: mrchristianq Date: September 29, 2005
This is something that I think your program really needs, and I think a lot of other people feel the same.  I think the program is fantastic, but I just can't see paying for it without this feature:

You need to make to so that 1) You could assign MORE than 1 genre to each movie.  For example, Shaun of the Dead, I would consider both horror and comedy, but as of now I can only choose one, and 2) When you sort by genre, it would be cool if you could choose a specific genre like say comedy, and then ONLY the movies in that genre would appear in the Virtual Shelf view.  

I think this would be very useful because when I have people over and we want to watch a movie, we might be in the mood to watch a specific genre like Horror, and it would be nice to have a Virtual Shelf view of just Horror movies.  Any way to make this feature happen?
Genre Request By: He.Shiming Date: September 29, 2005
Thank you for the suggestion. The genre field is to be converted to a multi-value field. And there has been a request on a "filter feature" which eventually will cover your need. Soon I'll be making plans to make them available in future versions of MediaMan.
Genre Request By: hinfer Date: November 27, 2006
Can the genre field be populated by connecting to imdb
Genre Request By: Salvi84 Date: November 30, 2006
Hi @ all

First I want to say that it's a great program. But i have one question.
Is there also any chance to make a feature with a statistic that shows for example how much movies of each genre or of each rating are in the database.

Greetz
Salvi
Genre Request By: He.Shiming Date: November 30, 2006
Well, I'll revise the statistics function, and make sure this feature will be included in future updates. Thanks for you suggestion.