MediaMan - Change Log
Version 2.71.3 (April 26, 2008)
- Fixed a bug where the list pane doesn't refresh immediately after a paste or drag & drop
- Fixed registration problems and "protection error" pop ups
Version 2.71.2 (April 11, 2008)
- Fixed a bug where auto-saving feature may truncate collection file names, which may later lead to a program crash.
- Fixed a bug in data file handling routines that may cause program crash upon entering items.
Version 2.71.1 (April 5, 2008)
- Fixed a bug where sort option switching do not reflect result immediately.
- Improved file naming of HTML based exporting.
- Fixed an issue with zlib decompresser that may lead to program crash.
Version 2.71 (March 30, 2008)
- Enhanced performance on startup, MediaMan now launches much faster when "remembering last category" option is set.
- Enhanced performance when working with large collections, item listing and virtual shelf rendering is now much faster than before. This performance enhancement applies to searching and alternative organizing methods too.
- Fixed a problem where Internet Explorer's Just-in-Time debuggers may be triggered during MediaMan's startup.
- Improved collection file handling to reduce fragmentation and corruption.
- Upgaded SQLite component.
- Fixed a minor bug that may cause registration to fail.
Version 2.70 (August 3, 2007)
- New feature: PlayIt is now capable of media file playback inside MediaMan
- New feature: Dual-processor and quad-processor enabled virtual shelf rendering
- New feature: The last selected category is now remembered
- New feature: Search by title
- Improvement: Webcam barcode scanner is now much more usable than ever before
- Improvement: Collation system will now recognize lots of band names people names, conversion is performed a lot accurate than before
- Improvement: Field names are now sorted in field selection dialog boxes
- Improvement: In the detail view, keyboard first letter navigation now applies to the current sorting column
- Changed Actor Artist Author Director google search engine links to Amazon Associate links to comply with the Amazon Web Service usage agreement
- Change: File listing attach folder will no longer enumrates hidden files, folder synchronizing function is added
- Change: Increased JPEG storage quality
- Change: Increased tag content, custom icon content, and string recall content size limitation
- Change: Increased combo box content size limitation
- Fixed a bug where switching between hide/unhide irrelevant sheets causing text and image change to be reverted
- Fixed a bug where long titles could lead to malfunctioning of the category overview pane
- Fixed a bug where custom status is not included in sorting and status is not sorted correctly
- Fixed a bug where keyboard focus stays on the virtual shelf zoom bar when zooming operation is completed
- Fixed a bug where there's no files tab in the new item dialog
- Fixed a bug where items can't be deselected using Ctrl key
- Fixed a bug where there's no view pane context menu on Windows Vista
- Fixed a bug where incorrect item icon is displayed in search results, status, and tag management mode
- Fixed a bug in category icon assignment dialog where the current selected icon is displayed incorrectly
- Fixed a problem where MediaMan stops downloading when incorrect content size is returned from Amazon ECS servers
- Fixed a minor progress bar animation problem on Windows Vista
- Fixed a minor memory leak in drag & drop
- Fixed a bug where the Date Added field is set to GMT today rather than local today when importing new items
- Fixed a bug where Disc Layer and Disc Side radio box can't be choosed at the same time
- Fixed a bug where Format and Aspect Ratio is not showing up in detail view mode
- Fixed a bug where Edit->Delete in main menu has no action
- Fixed minor bugs with toolbar and status bar show/hide
- Fixed minor resource loading and logic problems
- Fixed a bug where newly entered combo box items are not remembered
- Upgraded FreeImage component
- Upgraded SQLite component
Version 2.66.3 hotfix (April 15, 2007)
- Fixed a collection file handling logic bug that can lead to a complete re-initialization of collection file
Version 2.66.3 (March 9, 2007)
- Fixed program crashing on certain computer configurations when third-party spyware scanning program is enabled
- Improved virtual shelf rendering and updating when working with large collection files
Version 2.66.2 (February 11, 2007)
- Fixed a problem where virtual shelf rendering could freeze the program for a long time in certain circumstances
- Upgraded SQLite and data layer component to solve false reports of malformed database image
Version 2.66.1 (February 4, 2007)
- A fix to toolbar painting problem in Windows Vista
- A fix to the installer that caused MediaMan to be executed as Administrator when running for the first time. It's now executed as a normal user
- A fix to drag and drop rollover image font style problem when ClearType is enabled
- Fixed a new problem in v2.66 where virtual shelf PNG export renders empty result
- Fixed gallery pane script error
- Fixed dates before 1900/1/1 cannot be stored (Note: the date 1900/1/1 is still a special date, which is treated as empty in MediaMan, please avoid using this date.)
- Fixed a bug where new fields, such as Original Title, Format, Features are not showing up in the detail mode
- Fixed a minor tab sequence problem in Amazon wizard
- Changing collation setting will now reflect immediately, without a program restart
- The new browser component in v2.66 requires Internet Explorer 6 SP2, which is not compatible with Windows 2000, it's now replaced with the old one in this release
Version 2.66 (January 26, 2007)
- All virtual shelf features now works in Windows Vista
- Fixed a tooltip flicker problem in Windows Vista
- Fixed a scroll bar positioning problem in Windows Vista
- Enhanced Windows Vista style toolbar painting
- Automated updater now works with Windows Vista
- Updated clipboard feature, status, tag organization methods, and search mode now supports copying and cutting, fixed a bug: pasting into the root category is now disabled
- New virtual shelf theme cases for PS3 and Wii
- New virtual shelf selection glowing style
- New virtual shelf drag and drop enhanced roll over image
- Common fields, including publisher and original title are now moved to shared field pages
- List pane keyboard navigation improvement, allowing first letter direct jump in virtual shelf mode, allowing right arrow to jump to the next row
- New list based print style for monochrome printing
- Changed dialog box group style to allow efficient use of screen space
- Minor enhancements to the collation system, German articles are now recognized, "The Band" syntax will now be recognized in artist field
- More fields are now sortable
- More fields can now be exported
- Full status information can now be printed and exported
- URLs in custom fields are now automatically processed and hyperlinked
- Fixed minor tabbing sequence problem in dialogs
- Fixed a problem where the exporter doesn't validate the typed export path and file name
- Fixed a program threading bug that could lead to program freezing when modifying items during the virtual shelf rendering process
- Fixed a bug where gallery view is messed up when "image" is unchecked to hide
- Fixed a bug where deleting items from the search result doesn't reflect changes immediately
- Fixed multiple logic problems in file look up sequence in the PlayIt feature
- Fixed a bug in icon customization where icon deletion doesn't work
- Fixed a data-layer "unable to close collection file" problem appeared in version 2.65
- Fixed a bug where the exporter always exports title, improved single field exporting capability
- Minor fix to field name and value spacing in detail style printing
Version 2.65 (October 28, 2006)
- Switched from MediaMan proprietary collection file format to SQLite 3 for higher reliability, improved functionality and performance. Collection files will be automatically upgraded upon opening, no user attention is required.
- Reduced overheads and improved performance in all collection file related operations including file opening, saving, new item importing, virtual shelf rendering, tag/status parsing, and searching.
- New feature: direct rating setting in detail view mode.
- New feature: collection backup.
- New feature: a full screen mode.
- Improved virtual shelf rendering exporting with more options.
- Corrected several user interaction logic errors in file opening, saving, and creation.
- Corrected a logic problem in Play It.
- Improved virtual shelf theme mechanism, doubled resolution makes it possible to zoom to 200% without upsampling.
- Redesigned the default them package.
- Fixed rating painting bugs in detail mode.
- Fixed program lockup/freeze problems.
- Fixed script error problems with Internet Explorer 7
- Fixed a bug with sorting in item list pane.
- Fixed a bug with sorting in category selection combo boxes.
- Fixed a problem with detail view default column headers.
- Fixed another problem with the updater.
Version 2.60.2 (September 10, 2006)
- Fixed a problem with detail view mode, where initially there's no field visible because the column header was empty.
- Fixed a problem with detail view column header width sizing.
- Fixed a problem with the updater.
Version 2.60.1 (August 30, 2006)
- Fixed multiple performance problems with data file handling, corrected slow down behavior introduced with version 2.60.
- Fixed an error message deleting temporary files in the updater (which doesn't affect the update process though).
- Further fix on data layer performance problem. (Released on September 2, 2006, no version change)
Version 2.60 (August 26, 2006)
- Changed program internal structure, MediaMan now complies with the least priviledged Windows application standards. It works smoothly under limited user accounts, and no longer requires administrative priviledge to run.
- Changed program internal structure, MediaMan now relies on the application data folder (typically, C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\MediaMan) to store temporary files and some of the preference settings (including custom icons, tags, and callout/value-remembering settings). This change will cause previous callout/value-remembering settings to be lost.
- Changed program behavior, the icon importing function will now make a copy of the icon in the application data folder, and stores the file name only. This change will cause previous custom icon settings to be lost.
- Changed program behavior, generated statistics chart images will now be put into the application data folder.
- Clarified program behavior, the "Update from Web" feature will prompt that it only works under administrative priviledge.
- Improved print function to allow more control over the styles and field choice.
- Improved export function to allow choices of fields and their orders, and custom "delimiter" choice for CSV
- New export capability, exporting to HTML website.
- Improved data layer file handling performance for large collection files, ensured thread-safety.
- Corrected user interaction logic in icon importing, field order selection, export wizard, print dialog.
- Fixed a bug in the collation sorting system where names containing "-" (dash) and "'" (single quotation mark) can't be sorted correctly.
- Fixed a bug that the program will not download correct item information when secondary search is activated in Amazon wizard.
- Fixed a crash problem under certain circumstances in the print dialog.
- Fixed a crash problem with tag, status management and search tool when the collection is empty.
- Fixed a problem where file name containing a single quotation mark can't be used in the file list section of the detail pane.
- Introduced extra theme looks for HD DVD and Blu-ray discs.
Version 2.51.2 (June 22, 2006)
- Fixed another problem in sorting function that may produce erroneous results.
- Fixed a bug where detail view column arrangement can't be saved.
Version 2.51.1 (June 20, 2006)
- Fixed a problem in sorting function that may produce erroneous result after editing items.
- Fixed a problem with secondary searching in wizard
- Fixed a problem where the detail view became blank if attempting to import an item in home screen.
- Minor performance improvement in sorting
Version 2.51 (June 17, 2006)
- New feature: detail view mode. This is a grid-based view mode that behaves similar to the detail view in Windows explorer. Items are listed in the form of a table. The choice of what fields to display and order can be configured on a per-category basis. Header-click sorting is supported. This feature is available in alternative program modes, such as search, tag, and status, too.
- New feature: automatically searching on a secondary site, when no items is found on the primary one. This feature allows you to configure a secondary Amazon international site. In a batch or single query, if MediaMan found one or more unmatched items, it'll prompt you to proceed another search on the secondary site.
- New feature: treating the search keyword as actor/author/title etc in the Amazon wizard.
- New feature: acending/descending option on all sortable fields
- Improvement, asynchronous list pane selection to detail pane update, providing higher overall performance when working with the item listing.
- Minor improvement on the user interface, revised button styles and sorting menu
- Fixes, some improvement to the datalayer provding higher sustain to faulty collection file and repairing capability
- Fixes, tweaks in the datalayer to meet the new Amazon ECS standard.
- Revised theme, HD DVD and glass frame cases included
Version 2.50.2 (March 16, 2006)
- Fixed a background search/parsing thread that could lead to deadlock/freeze or cause the program to be malfunctioning on fast processors, and/or processors with HyperThreading, DuoCore, or SMP (dual processor) technology
- Added tag group renaming feature
Version 2.50 (March 12, 2006)
- New feature: organizing by tags, with tag mode switch and tagging dialog
- New feature: organizing by status, with status mode switch
- New feature: program background thread status indicator, including rendering and searching available on top-right of the caption bar
- Number-of-item display in category tree, available in all 3 program modes, including tag and status mode
- Added new tag field to support the tagging feature
- Revised search tool, now embedded in the category pane, results are displayed in the item list pane, search engine style syntax is now supported, searching date fields is now supported
- Revised program experience, common item modification tasks can now be performed in a similar way. The manipulation of search result, tagged items, and status management are now as easy as performing the same task under categories
- Category overview pane used a new approach to list rental items, clicking items in the list has the same effect as selecting the item in the list pane
- Revised export wizard user interface, providing simplified process
- Exporting to CSV and HTML listing style now features automatic total price calculation if the price field is selected, same feature is available in printing
- Revised status indicator in virtual shelf
- Improved performance in item listing and virtual shelf rendering
- Improved overall program performance by avoiding handling unnecessary notifications and callbacks
- Option to render titles when exporting the virtual shelf rendering
- Revised frame user interface, zooming and sorting feature are easier to access
- Revised sorting feature in other part of the program
- A revised version of theme package
- Preview dialog will now automatically aligned in the viewable area in low screen resolution configuration
- Fixed a potential deadlock problem with background record parsing threads
- Fixed a problem where status isn't displayed correctly in the detail pane
- Fixed a problem where underscores (_) isn't being converted to spaces in the detail pane
- Fixed a painting problem in caption bar when working with multiple monitors
- Fixed a problem where the program doesn't accept registration names ending in full stop (.)
Version 2.33.4 (December 21, 2005)
- Fixed the long overdue registration problem. All trial users are strongly advised to upgrade.
Version 2.33.3 (December 17, 2005)
- Fixed a bug where importing a new item using the dialog will not work
- Fixed a bug where canceling the statistics exporting process can cause a crash.
Version 2.33.2 (December 14, 2005)
- Improved Amazon and LOC wizard result box behavior, added "not found" item report, can be copied to clipboard.
- Fixed a bug when editing an item in the flattened-category mode, item category will be wrongly assigned.
- Fixed a bug when editing multiple items in the flattened-category mode, certain modified items may disappear.
- General bug fixes to the frame window
Version 2.33.1 (December 1, 2005)
- An attempt to fix registration problems
Version 2.33 (November 28, 2005)
- Improved theme mechanism, added new group "Software" and "Video Games". They, plus "Book", now feature aspect-ratio locked rendering based on the original cover picture
- Expanded list mode now uses colored status
- Field show/hide settings for the search dialog, export wizard, print dialog are now remembered separatedly
- Fixed a bug where auto-save time interval can't be changed
- Fixed a small bug with the "rendering" icon in the theme package
- Fixed a minor problem with CRLF (the return character) in CSV exporting
Version 2.32.1 (November 14, 2005)
- Fixed a bug where show/hide toolbar and statusbar wasn't working correctly.
- Fixed a bug where importing an item from Amazon containing no pictures can cause a crash or a non-breaking halt.
- Fixed a bug where the LOC wizard accidentially quit the program while performing UPC and EAN based searches. (Note: UPC and EAN searches are not supported by the Library of Congress, recognition feature for both types of barcodes has been disabled. However, EAN->ISBN conversion will continue to work)
- Fixed several severe bug with the web-update feature.
Version 2.32 (November 8, 2005)
- Revised detail pane design and improved overall usability
- Revised theme design and default rendering
- Revised list pane selection behavior
- New feature: tooltips in list pane offering basic information quickly on rollover, can be turned off
- New feature: "Play It!", providing shortcut launch of media files and playlist files in your default player from within MediaMan
- New feature: new fields, "Location", "Number of Copies" are now supported, "Location" is available for sorting
- Improved virtual-shelf performance, lowered CPU usage
- Improved item status rendering, item status is now rendered in colored tags available in both list pane tooltips and the virtual shelf view
- Removed limitation on the number of characters allowed in descriptive fields
- Fixed a bug where Amazon query using Japanese didn't work
- Fixed a bug where the search tool don't search date-related fields
- Fixed miscellaneous bugs in virtual shelf renderer
- Fixed a bug where barcode scanning button didn't work in Library of Congress wizards
- Fixed a bug where custom status do not show up in detail pane
- Fixed minor bugs with option check in the main menu
- Fixed a bug where deleting an item causing list pane selection to reset
- Fixed a bug where image can't be imported from a directory with non-latin characters
Version 2.31 (MediaMan Web Update on October 20, 2005)
- Fixed a bug where "skip welcome screen" option is not remembered. This option is now also available in the option dialog.
Version 2.31 (MediaMan Web Update on October 13, 2005)
- MediaMan no longer relies on system Internet security settings. It's now possible to raise the Internet security level (in Control Panel -> Internet Properties) to the highest available level or use any kind of Internet security software with MediaMan.
Version 2.31 (October 11, 2005)
- Automated program updating from the web
- Unlock the number of images to around 25 in total
- Unlock the number of discs to around 30 in total
- Convert genre field to a multi-value field
- Revised category overview pane to show more information
- Bug fix: Field show/hide settings aren't being saved
- Bug fix: Window position and size isn't remembered correctly when is used maximized
- Bug fix: Collation system doesn't convert names like "Arthur C. Clarke", "Cuba Goodings Jr.", "Catherine Zeta-Jones" or doesn't convert them correctly.
Version 2.30.1 (September 28, 2005)
- Bug fix: collection file won't be automatically loaded if it's the first time you saved the file
- Bug fix: first time amazon import in new collection file won't show up in virtual shelf (just switch between categories, and they'll show up.)
- Bug fix: restore to the subcategory view from the collection overview, the detail pane will display the last record instead of empty if there's no record in the category
- Bug fix: category statistics feature wasn't working correctly
Version 2.30 (September 28, 2005)
- Improved virtual shelf rendering mechanism, renders in background without blocking user interface
- Virtual shelf live zooming feature
- Virtual shelf rendering cache improvement
- Improved rendering for items not having a picture associated
- Revised theme
- Performance improvement: textual data cache
- Importing from the Library of Congress wizard
- Preview of search result in wizards
- New fields: Genre, Rating, Subjects
- Improved custom field mechanism
- Handling up to 5 pictures for each item
- Editing multiple items
- Date fields are converted from strings to date/time
- Various new sorting-field options
- Category-specific sorting options
- Collection file structure improvement for fast parsing, safety, and caching (Collection file saved by version 2.30 is not compatible with previous versions of MediaMan)
- Revised item status, and custom status feature
- Improved category overview for status list
- Improved field-selection tree for all related dialogs
- Exporting virtual shelf rendering as PNG images
- Printing feature, and new export format
- "Show Flattened" category feature
- Gallery view in addition to the item detail view
- Miscellaneous user interface improvements
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
- Removed collection update wizard
- Removed price tracker feature
Version 2.2.1 (July 29, 2005)
- An emergency fix regarding images can no longer be retrieved since July 27, 2005 due to a change in Amazon ECS system.
Version 2.2 (Jun 5, 2005)
- A new set of virtual-shelf themes featuring 4 color variations
- A temporary fix for German and France umlaut (a.k.a. vowel mutation) letters can't be used during keyword search, this is confirmed as a major flaw in Amazon's ECS system, however, enormous partner sites will break if they fix this bug, I've decided to provide a private fix here in the program
- New options to support logical sort under collation rules, reversing first names and last names, sort items by numbers in the title (mainly for book series), and this feature can now be applied to the exporting function too
- New export format and options, allows to export to text files, allows to export into one file for each item, enhanced HTML export, tags are being standardized, image path issues have been fixed, HTML page style can be further customized using external CSS stylesheets.
- Revised list pane context menu, adding a new "Change Case" operation for quickly change item-appearence in virtual shelf
- Minor enhancement to field tree options, adding right-click context menus
- Minor enhancement to checkboxes, set edit box focus automatically to reduce keyboard strokes
- Minor enhancement to the collecton update tool, new option to retain the current image of an item
- Fixed multiple copy, cut, & paste bugs
- Fixed crash and memory leak problems in webcam barcode scanning feature (only in certain circumstances)
- Fixed multiple theme related bugs
- Fixed search dialog size bug in high screen resolution dpi
- Fixed <Enter> and <Tab> key problem in the search dialog
- Fixed HTML detail view show/hide settings bug
- Fixed CSV export column alignment bug
Version 2.1 (February 7, 2005)
- Support for Amazon Canada and France
- New batch barcode entry dialog supporting CueCat and other PS/2, USB-based barcode scanners
- Linking to a file on the hard drive
- Fixed status displaying problem
- Fixed the ugly look of icons under low-color depth mode (16bit or 24bit)
- Fixed a crashing problem when clearing the image
- Fixed the issue that some of the fields weren't recorded in the new item dialog
- Fixed the default browser problem
- Fixed multiple minor issues in the program
Version 2.0.1 (January 24, 2005)
- Selection of multiple webcam (capture drivers)
- Added sorting by "status"
- Enhanced barcode feature, automatically convert EAN to ISBN if possible
- Fixed "hang" problem in the media item wizard
- Fixed error-caching problem in the media item wizard
- Fixed track listing problem in the new item dialog
- Repaired multiple issues in the search tool
- Fixed multiple issues in the export wizard
Version 2.0 (January 17, 2005)
- Using Amazon E-Commerce System 4.0 to retrieve information
- Improved batch barcode/ISBN support in media item wizard
- Webcam barcode scanning capability in media item wizard
- Enhanced expanded-list view, major performance improvement, sort highlighting feature, due reminder feature, field selection and 2 styles
- New theme-based "Virtual Shelf" view mode, providing an intuitive view of digital DVD/Book shelf
- Collection update wizard, doing web update as well as manual update
- Collection export wizard, export to RTF, CSV, HTML, with selected items, fields, or search results
- Enhanced edit item dialog, more regular fields, more custom fields
- Full Frame/Wide Frame user interface mode
- Full customization of the user interface with swappable view panes
- The ability to import custom icons
- The ability to show/hide certain fields
- Auto-saving feature
- MediaMan theme mechanism, customizing both the Virtual Shelf view and the HTML template
- Simplified price tracker feature
- Multiple major user interface enhancement
- Multiple major performance enhancement
- Removed "Media Type" customization list
- Removed "Thumbnail" view mode
- Removed support for old configuration file as well as price tracker data
- Removed multiple annoying features
Version 1.6 (September 10, 2004)
- Greatly improved search tool supporting category, status search, displaying matched sequence and keyword highlighting.
- Improved support for German (exporting and case-insensitive searching)
- Improved, more accurate statistics chart
- Export raw statistics data to a CSV file
- Fixed a bug with icon customization doesn't work
- Fixed a multithreading bug with the search tool
- Fixed a multithreading related bug with the program won't quit if you close it immediately after start.
Version 1.5.2 (August 27, 2004)
- Fixed a bug with thumbnails aren't correct when "Use Formalized Names" option applied.
- Generic improvements
Version 1.5.1 (August 23, 2004)
- Fixed a bug with no image showing up when the image is added manually.
Version 1.5 (August 23, 2004)
- Introduced MediaMan Price and Availability Tracker (PAT) service
- Improved content retrieval engine for batch ISBN and UPC mode
- Improved RTF exporting function, supporting image and full information exporting
- Enhanced list view with 4 styles and various sorting options
- Enhanced detail view with express links
- Collection search feature
- Graphical collection statistics feature
- Greatly improved and integrated new online manual
- Customizable image resizing option
- Automatic new version checker
- Supporting storaging/modifying of extra information for each item
- Supporting custom fields for each item
- New home page and detail view design
- Fixed minor memory allocation problems
- Improved list view, detail view, and exporting performance
- Improved data file handling performance
- Reduced data file operation complexity
Version 1.0.2 (July 16, 2004)
- Introduced GIF support.
- Improved help system access
- Fixed several issues with the info retrieval wizard
- Fixed media type list customization function
- Fixed minor memory leaks
- Fixed Japanese text related queries
- Reduced help file size
- Revised help file content
Version 1.0.1 (July 4, 2004)
- Fixed a crash during info retrieval process.
- Improved stability
Version 1.0 (June 30, 2004)
- Improved web search wizard allowing downloading up to 20 items at the same time.
- Item status tracking function
- Item icon customization function
- Media type list customization function
- Automated collection file backup
- Image importing via clipboard
- Extra crash dumping facility, to enable quick debugging with customer's help
- Improved Internet access usability and stability (Multithreading and CDN awareness)
- Fixed major data-compression memory allocation issues
- Fixed list view crash on certain items (DrawText API)
- Fixed major program memory allocation issues
- Fixed configuration file handling issues
- Fixed minor crashes
- Revised and repaired help documents
- Minor performance improvement
- Removed WinINet library support
Version 0.9 (April 16, 2004)
- Amazon International site support, including United States, Great Britain, Germany, and Japan
- Switch between category view, list view, and detail view by pressing F6 or TAB key
- Major performance improvement in HTML detail view. (no longer generates a temporary HTML file while viewing item details)
- Menubar keyboard navigation improvement
- Revised and repaired help documents
- Minor crash fixes
Version 0.8 (March 19, 2004)
- Initial Release